Wednesday, August 10, 2005

5 questions

Heather from Goofy Girl Blog has agreed to interview me. She just started medical school at UMDNJ so everyone go wish her good luck, and medical school type people give her some good advice. If you'd like me to interview you read the questions below.

The Rules
1. Leave me a comment saying 'interview me please'
2. I will respond by asking you five questions on your blog (not the same questions you see here).
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here's Heather's interview.

Yay! Someone to interview! I'm going to try to avoid cliche questions cause well they are boring...
You did a good job on that.

1. Have you had any strange moments since you have a twin brother? For example, when you knew what happened to him when he wasn't around- or is that all just crap?

No. Never. We've never even been able to switch places. One of our friends always catches on and then anounces it to everyone. The closest we came was we switched places at graduation. The principal couldn't tell, but only because I guess he was a little hard of hearing since the whole student body was yelling "you've got the wrong one." Somtimes when somone asked us whether or not we could feel it if they punched our twin Dave or I would then punch them and ask one of their friends if they felt it.

2. Since you're in Philly did you ever run up the Art Museum steps pretending to be Rocky? Did you sing the song too?!

I haven't run up the stairs since I came to Philly this time, but I did do it back when I was in high school. I didn't sing the song.

3. Do you like medical shows on TV? If you do, which one is your favorite, if not why don't you like them?

I love Scrubs. I think its the most hilarious well done show out there. I've never really watched any other medical shows.

4. What's the best way to stay sane and happy during medical school?

I may be slightly jaundiced, but my advice is work really, really hard and don't fail any tests because its really difficult to stay sane and happy when you're failing if you care about becoming a doctor. Hard work never killed anyone.

5, Whats a controversial topic (abortion, gun control, euthanasia, medical marijuana, or creationism vs evolution) that you feel strongly about? What are your views?

Oh dang. I've been trying to avoid saying controversial things on the internet because anyone can read it anytime, but here goes. If euthanasia is considered controversial -and I sure hope that its not- than I am absolutely opposed to it and all of its permuatations, except for not adding agressive treatment to someone who is dying if they don't want it. We had a bioethics class covering this subject and it seemed like practically everyone was in favor of some form of euthanasia and when contradictions in their point of view were pointed out they always moved in favor of patient autonomy and away from not killing people. Like I said, I normally try to avoid speaking up about controversial issues because I don't believe anyone ever changes their mind and it just spreads ill will, but during that class I failed miserably. Hopefully, I just discussed it with an unusual sample of medical students, but if not I am truly disgusted at what our profession is becoming. If (hopefully) euthanasia is uncontroversial and therefore doesn't answer the question, than I am against most new gun control laws and a bunch of the old ones too.

Hope they are fun questions to answer!!

I had a lot of fun answering them.

-heather

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yay, good responses. And you took that hilarious picture of me infront of some car that I found in a parking lot... yup I have no idea who even owns it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Who Links Here