Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Chicago Bagel-Dog

When I saw the bagel-dog in the school vending machine I knew I had to try it. Today, I finally did. Reshma, Francesca and I walked down to Lake Michigan (with drug flash cards to study on the way of course.) When we came back we were all starving, but if we went out to eate it would still be at least another half hour until everyone came back, got to the restaurant ordered and actually got food. (It turned out to be even longer.) And there is no better time to try new and wierd food, than when you're so hungry you'll eat anything anyway.

Verdict:
hot dog- :- About what you'd expect from a vending machine hot dog. So not very good. But if you're hungry you won't mind.

bun- :-] Not very bagel-ly at all, but still chewey and I liked the poppy seeds.
Overall- If they could get a better hot dog I would prefer the poppy seed bun to an ordinary hot dog bun. But boy do they really need a better hot dog. I wouldn't eat one of these again unless I was really hungy.



Update: apparrently this is a local Chicago thing and you can get better versions if you look. Must investigate further. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Interesting, am waiting to hear more about this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>
Who Links Here